Propaganda Poster

For my propaganda assignment, I decided to use a self-portrtait of myself that didn't really convey any emotion aside from seriousness. The depth of my message is a serious one so I wanted to have a poster that represented the same. It's called American skin because of the two Americas I personally feel like we live in. A social issue we've had as a country is the difference in the treatment of black humans vs. white humans by law enforcement. It's an issue that seems to bring forth major controversy, when in reality it's as simple as there being an injustice done unto a certain group of humans in America. There have been numerous killings of black citizens who have been unarmed and not shown any type of threat. When on the other hand, there have been numerous white citizens who have literally carried automatic weapons after killing innocent people, and the cops handled these individuals with care. it's just a pure injustice that none of us in this country should stand for. I put the letters AMERICAN in red because it represents the bloodshed that has taken place. I put the stripes on the american flag black and white because that seems to be the major separation in this particular social circumstance. I also made some of the stars black because I feel like slowly, but surely, truth and awareness for black humans is climbing the american totem pole.

Comments

  1. Jarron, I really like this poster. It definitely hit home for me. I agree with this message.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

A King Reigns- Canvas Project

tag brush logo